Friday, September 01, 2006

Why me?

Yet another one on questions… and I presume this is not gonna be the last…

A tennis champion (forgot the name… ) when diagnosed with an acute disease, was asked by a fan, “Why did it have to be you?” He replied, “When thousands watched as I lifted 3 grand slams in a year, I didn’t ask ‘Why me?’. So even now, when I inch closer to death, I do not have the right to ask, Why me.”

Today, I feel myself in a similar situation. Nothing threatens my life, though. But even then, it is as if something is slipping out of hand. Not that it was unexpected. Or maybe not even unfortunate or something I might not have deserved. But the way it did, I stand and feel the urge to ask, not exactly 'Why me?', but just 'WHY?????'

P.S. The comment is better than the post, so i decided that it needs a mention rather than a hyperlink. so, here goes...

The Tramp said......

Well the chap in question is the tennis legend Arthur Ashe...The incident goes as follows..During his battle with AIDS, from the world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does God have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over -- 50,000,000 children start playing tennis, 5,000,000 learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?". And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"

1 comment:

  1. Well the chap in question is the tennis legend Arthur Ashe...The incident goes as follows..


    During his battle with AIDS, from the world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does God have to select you for such a bad disease"?

    To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over -- 50,000,000 children start playing tennis, 5,000,000 learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?". And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"

    ReplyDelete