Friday, September 22, 2006

Flashes in the pan

I am not known to myself as someone who lets out random thoughts... or so I like to think. But who cares... a lot of things I have done in recent past that I didn't know that i would... and life has not exactly been bookmarked in recent past... keeps on getting more and more weird by the way...

Monsoon seems to have passed in Mumbai as well. Doesn't rain much. I miss the rain... not because of my love of weather and seasons, but because of the memories that Mumbai rain associated with it... the ecstatic feeling of love, moments of nostalgia and dreams of future... most of them gone now... just like the rains. Something tells me I should have associated them with sun rather than rain... at least wud have been perpetual, if not permanent...

Everybody has heard that life is a battle. I seem to be at war with life itself... it keeps on testing me with smashes and bruises, and I am keen to see whether the number of brickbats in its store is enough to stop me from keeping well and fine... till now, i guess I am winning... for I have my own stockpile of happiness, friendships, wishes and thoughts!! Makes memories sweet... dsn't it?

Yesterday a friend's friend's friend commited suicide. End sem results. Second year back. And suddenly everybody is critical of volatile nature of youth, and the affinity for impulsive decesions. Why should a life be defined not by the moments that made it up, but by those that ended it? Why should we not talk about the good man he was, and emphasize on totally irrelevent things?

Will add some more whenever get time next. Got work to do now...

No comments:

Post a Comment